Monday, April 19, 2010

Blissful monday?


Today as I sat out on my porch overlooking the mountains, I was able to be completely peaceful even in the midst of a typical hectic monday afternoon. Sometimes taking a break from all of the craziness of everyday life can be the most productive thing to do. Often I feel like I'm wasting my time, or I'm being lazy when I'm not constantly doing something. It takes conscious effort for me to sit back and tell myself that it's ok to take a break. Right now I am reading a wonderful book. I'm sure you have heard of it--"Eat, Pray, Love"--yeah it's pretty well known. It is a memoir of sorts by Elizabeth Gilbert. Although the book is not intellectually stimulating per say, it has the ability to transport the reader to far away lands. Yesterday I was in Italy; today I am in India. It is amazing how real everything seems as I sit transfixed by this book. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for something light to read. I will make one suggestion though. When you are reading the Italy section, have a snack before you start reading. You'll know what I'm taking about should you choose to read the book. Have a wonderful monday! Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment